Friday, July 8, 2011

A reply from Jervis Johnson

Today I received an answer from the mighty Jervis Johnson of Games Workshop, regarding my article 'Warhammer: Being a sore loser' (Link) and I'm frankly quite happy! Jervis wrote me a really nice and friendly reply, which I've decided to post here.

"Dear (Maynard)

I just wanted to drop you a quick line to thank you for your recent letter. Unfortunately the number of letters I recieve means that I can't reply personally to all of them, but I did want to let you know that I had recieved and read yours, and really appreciated the fact that you took the time write. Please don't hesitate to get in touch again; I read all of the mail I recieve and find it really helps to keep me in touch with the grass roots of the hobby. Rest assured, your ideas and suggestions have been 'added to the melting pot'.

Sincerely Jervis Johnson.

PS. What a greatblog entry! I particularly like the advice you give at the end - it's very helpful and practical. I must admit that I find the whole subject of the psychology of gaming fascinating, so I've bookmarked your blog, and will keep an eye out for further posts on the subject."

I am, first and foremost, so excited about this. That my article has been read by one of the most important people within the boundaries of my hobby is an honor only amplified by the fact that my blog will hopefully be remembered for further entries.
I suppose I should show gratitude to all my RL-Warhammer-buddies. Without your rage and bad temper, writing about losing would never have been as fun ; ) And regarding the PS; I can guarantee more 'Gaming and Psychology' is on its way. I have a couple of ideas up my sleeve that are in development.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment