Friday, August 26, 2011

You know what's great about Chaos?...



I'm not really sure what to think about the photo itself. The light isn't terrible, but not optimal either. None the less I made it home in time for just a little bit of daylight, which I assumed would suffice for a single shot. I'm no expert on this subject, mind you. I'm just a guy wanting to show my work to the rest of you.

I suppose I could take another one tomorrow, but I'd rather wait till all three models are done. Problem is; these models are quite detailed. There is a lot to do if you want to cover everything. Hey, I really did leave a lot of stuff out on purpose, when I reached the fourth night of work. So finishing the remaining two is not something for the upcoming future. Especially when I still have 30 clan rats, two weapon teams, two heroes and seven monks left. Never mind my entire dwarven-army, ofc.
Oh, and I found another Warp Lightning Cannon on sale today. It was quite a bargain and I even got a store discount for being a regular customer. I love those guys.

I never really did become so attatched to the new WLC-models. As a catapult these are totally awesome and everything I could possibly want. But the cannon seems downright silly and over the top. Even by Skaven-standards.
With this new model, I will luckily be able to feature two of the old-school pieces of artillery. I haven't used it much in recent battles (aboms simply make my day by miles) but one day I will need them. And it will look all the much better.

Returning to the dragon ogres I suppose I really just needed to do something else. Painting three armies really does seem to be the ideal approach in order not to become fed up. That being said I've played with my Warriors of Chaos-army so very little. I still need some models in order to play it the way I wish. I'd really love to try an alternate approach, which is why I'm into the dragon ogres in the first place. A lot of people have told me to invest in more marauders, horsemen or a cannon instead, but for now I'm simply more keen to try out things such as trolls or the prince. You know; the sore lot left alone by so many players.

This is a project for the distant future, though. The rat men have first priority for the time being, and it actually feels good to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
It stinks. Likely because it's full of dead dwarves and man things.

No comments:

Post a Comment