Saturday, August 31, 2013

Painting the Behemoth Part 1

I finally got fed up proxying the Khador Behemoth with the meager Destroyer, so when a friend of mine sold out of his minis I caught the opportunity.  It was a huge steal for such a huge and awesome model that I find myself including more and more in my lists.

I’ve been warned about the Behemoth, though. How it’s a bitch to assemble since, for some reason, the designers thought it would look kind of neat if it did this nifty little pose:


With such a huge metal model, I was prepared that it’d be an even bigger challenge to make it stay solid on its base than, say, Fenris. But of course this is one of those challenges the people of the internet have written guides about and most Khador veterans have their own story about solving.

Personally, I’ve just taken the first step now and made sure to keep the leg drilled. Making it look like it stands on top of a rock with the other leg, which should suffice nicely. I’m not really in the mood to make any spectacular base work out of this, even though it seems obvious. So for now, it’ll likely just be some snow and whatever.



Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment