Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cryx pt. 9: Bile me!

The silence of late hasn't been an indication of inactivity as such; I've been plenty of busy being ill. What was supposed to be an awesome weekend of drinking with the friends turned out to be...well, just that; a lot of drinking. Only problem with drinking is it makes you stupid beyond reason, which in my case translates into not giving a damn about how cold I feel. So there you have it, I crashed the following day and have been laying low, watching series in the television without a voice for the last couple of days.

This night, I managed to recover and get some work done though (that is, if you discard watching the entire seasons of Sherlock, Better Call Saul and Game of Thrones as 'work') and finish up my Bile Thralls. I've had these guys standing around for some time, and it was nice to finally complete them.

My cat 'Multe' provided a helping paw. I know he's considering starting Cryx.

These models are lovely, not only on the gaming table. It's such a nice surprise to unpack models that don't require any assembly at all; just stick them to the base and you're good to go. They weren't terribly complicated to paint either; I mostly went with the same scheme as I did on Nagash, with a basecoat of Ulthuan Grey, washed with Devlan Mud, highlighted with Rakarth Flesh, thin wash of Athonian Camoshade (I swear, this wash makes all flesh look nasty) and final highlight with Rakarth. Simple as that. I skipped going for NMM on the metal because I'm not good enough to make dark metal with that style, yet, and I'm still undecided on how much I like it in a Cryx army.

I'm very happy with how they turned out.



I've played with these a couple of times, in lists that didn't really support them that much. Ofc. pDenny manages to support most things, but I pressed them in because of the psychological pressure they seem to instill in most people. I mainly keep them hidden behind the lines of either raiders or Nys, and wait for the front lines to fall. Once this starts to happen, it usually means the unit is about to expire, and in the last game versus Khador, he managed to Widow a few of them down. Still, three of them made it to the front and blew up and entire Winter Guard death star and a couple of assassins. I still need work on their positioning, seeing how I managed to take a couple of raiders with me as well, but my old Skaven mentality tells me this is okay.

I've started working next on the Bane Thrall attachment, so we'll see how that goes. I want to get as much done as possible before Witcher 3 hits, now that I've also got Pillars of Eternity out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment